If you have been sexually assaulted by a religious leader or anyone else in the light of Busola Dakolo’s alleged rape story, it is important to remember that it wasn’t your fault.
Sexual abuse is a criminal offence, no matter who commits it or where it happens.
Today don’t be afraid to get help.
If you feel like sharing your story with Nija Box we would like to hear from you.
What kind of stories can I submit?
- Domestic abuse
- Sexual assault/rape/abuse
- Story of victim blaming and self blame
- Becoming pregnant from or having a child from rape/abuse
- Recovering from trauma
- Strength after abuse
- Reporting to the police
- A trauma that changed my life
- Having sex after abuse or rape
- Being a parent of a child who was abused
- Technology based abuse or trauma
- Being a professional and a survivor
- Stories from professionals about cases that changed their practice
- A story that will inspire others who have experienced trauma
- Whistleblowing on poor practice or corruption
- Another story about trauma, violence, abuse or crime
Send us an email to email@example.com and we will be in touch with you.