The Borno State Government has said about 1,400 repentant Boko Haram suspects have been released by the military and rehabilitated into society.
The Borno State Commissioner for Information, Babakura Jato, said during an interview on Monday that 1, 400 had been released in three tranches since the ‘Operation Safe Corridor’ programme began.
Reacting to the report, Nollywood actor and political analyst Jospeh Okechukwu outraged tweets:
“Boko Haram fighters flood into Nigeria from all over & after killing, maiming, & dispossessing mostly indigenous Christians of their lands, @MBuhari’s GOVT. Rounds them up in a facility for weeks, pardons them & reintegrates them into our vulnerable society. Pls, who does that?”